A vulnerable family in Carnot
Marcel and Susanne and their four children(aged between 8 month and 5 years.
- Before the family lived in Gembe village (Gazi)
- In 2015, they had to flee when the Seleka (Peules) came to burn the houses in the village. They had targeted the village. At that time they had two children, the last two were born afterwards. They fled on foot and took them three days to get to Carnot, where Marcel had close relatives (grandmother). They fled with other displaced people and asked for shelter in the houses in the villages along the road.
- They stopped at Gberi, Ndinguiri and Budali before Carnot.
- Once in Carnot, they were housed at Marcel's grandmother who lived in downtown Carnot. They lived there for 5 months. During the agricultural season, they lived in the fields to cultivate and live. They made three crops of peanuts, which have two harvests a year.
- Later, they were counted three times and then Marcel saw his name was selected to receive a new house, because they lost the old house in Gembe with their property.
- Susanne says that the house is good and they are very happy with the assistance received.